- This event has passed.
2014 Indiana Rural Health Association IRHA Annual Conference
June 10, 2014 @ 8:00 AM - June 11, 2014 @ 5:00 PM
The IRHA Annual Conference is designed to provide health care leaders in rural/small communities networking and educational opportunities, as well as renewed motivation to tackle their challenging jobs. Join us for the two-day conference packed with valuable information.
IRHA’s Annual Conference brings together physicians, nurses, pharmacists, public health professionals, and other rural health practitioners and advocates with residents of rural communities. Practitioners from the field and national experts discuss current topics, as well as share the experiences of others in public health and rural health care delivery, along with the latest information regarding the start-up and on-going management of rural health care delivery models.
At the conclusion of the Conference, participants should be able to:
- Understand the essential elements of a mass fatality response;
- Understand the efficacy of a high-fidelity simulation programdesigned to train rural healthcare professionals in stabilizing neonates and birthing mothers in emergent situations;
- Understand how the ACO’s readmission reduction plan isaugmented through the use of interprofessional student teams;
- Understand the current CMS programs which link quality andpayment and demonstrate the need for quality improvement;
- Understand the future of Rural Health Clinics from a policyperspective;
- Understand how telehealth technology can increase business;
- Learn about current funding options with a focus on what will beused in the coming years based on capital market conditions;
- Understanding the implementation and compliance issuesconcerning telemedicine
In 2013, more than 600 health care providers, government representatives, rural community leaders, educators, and students attended the IRHA Conference.
The Indiana Rural Health Association (IRHA) is a not-for-profit organization representing a diverse statewide membership consisting of individuals and organizations committed to the improvement of health and resources for rural Hoosiers. IRHA seeks to provide a meaningful forum for assessing the strengths and weaknesses of the health and safety of rural communities in Indiana. IRHA seeks to provide educational programs that focus on the unique needs of the residents of rural Indiana and the providers who serve them. IRHA also works to educate the public on relevant issues and focus unified efforts to bring about the necessary changes in public and private policies to ensure that all rural Hoosiers have access to quality health care in their own communities. More information about the IRHA can be accessed through www.indianaruralhealth.org.